There is nothing more attractive than a thick head of hair that glimmers with natural health. But hair loss is a problem that many people suffer from. There can be several factors behind hair loss such as environmental effects, aging, too much stress, excessive smoking, nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalance, genetic factors, scalp infections, use of wrong or chemically enriched hair products, certain medicines and medical conditions like thyroid disorder, autoimmune diseases, polycystic ovary syndrome, iron-deficiency anemia, and chronic illnesses.
Natural Treatment Of Baldness Amazing Tips
The following are the tips that you can try out to get rid of hair fall and to prevent balding.
Coconut Milk And Oil
One of the natural and best working home remedy to take care of baldness and hair loss on your scalp is to use coconut milk on your scalp regularly.
• Apply a mixture of about 20 ml of coconut oil, 10 ml of Amla oil and one or two teaspoons of lemon juice on your scalp and leave it there for some time.
• You can wash it off after 20 minutes. This will help in effectively healing your scalp as well as fight dandruff and thereby arrests hair fall.
• Regular use of coconut milk on your scalp will provide the necessary natural nourishments for your hair and will also help in nourishing your hair tissues.
Massaging Regularly With Basic Oils
Massaging your hair and scalp with lukewarm basic oils like amla oil, coconut oil, almond oil or even olive oil will help in stimulating your hair follicles and prevent the scalp for developing dandruff.
• Take a generous amount of hair oil and apply it evenly on your scalp and hair.
• Massage the hair oil on your scalp and hair for ten minutes. Leave it on your hair for 15 minutes and then you can wash it off with shampoo or mild soap.
• Repeat this scalp and hair massage treatment at least three to four times a day to prevent baldness.
• You can occasionally also apply coconut or amla oil on your head generously before going to bed to help in improving blood circulation on your scalp as well as relieve your from stress and strain.
Fenugreek Seeds And Oil
• Fry a few fenugreek seeds in coconut oil for a few minutes.
• Strain this mixture and apply it in minimal amounts on your head.
• Rub it gently on your head so that it reaches the hair roots.
• Apply this mixture three to four times a week before bathing will help in preventing your hair from balding.
Henna leaves have been used to treat hair loss and to give color and shine to hair for ages in India.
• Boil henna leaves in mustard oil.
• Make this mixture cool and then mix the strained oil with the regular hair oil that you use. It would be better to mix this with coconut oil for better results.
• Apply on your scalp and hair twice or thrice a week to see effective results against baldness.
Curd And Gram Flour Paste
• Mix two tablespoons of gram flour and two to three tablespoons of fresh curd properly to make a smooth paste.
• Apply this paste on your scalp and hair and keep it there for about an hour before bathing.
• Repeat this process three times a day to prevent hair fall and reduce baldness.
Honey Mixed In Olive Oil
• Take two teaspoons of honey and add it in two tablespoons of olive oil. Mix them very well.
• Now add a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and mix well with the honey and olive oil mixture.
• Apply this on the affected areas of your scalp, leave it for 15 minutes and wash it off. Repeat twice a week for 3 to 4 months to see effective results.
Onions are found to be effective in treating patchy baldness.
• Cut white or red big onions in half and rub the open side on the affected area both in the morning and evening.
• Keep on rubbing till the area becomes red.
• Then rub the area with honey and repeat this process daily to see reduced baldness.
• Cut dry pieces of amla and boil it in good coconut oil.
• Let this mixture cool and then strain the mixture into an air tight bottle.
• Apply this oil on your head daily and leave it on your scalp for 15 minutes before bathing.
• This will help in enriching hair growth.
Lettuce And Spinach
Lettuce and spinach help in preventing hair loss.
• Make a smooth paste of lettuce and spinach in a blender.
• Extract the juice from this mixture and apply it in on the bald area.
• Leave it rest for some time and then wash it off. Repeat this process for four times a week to see good benefits.
• You can also see very good results if you drink half a litre of this juice everyday.
Amla And Lime Juice
• Mix equal quantities of fresh lime juice and amla juice and apply it on your scalp like a shampoo.
• Wash it off after some time. This will help in preventing hair loss.
Lemon And Pepper Cons
• Take 8 to 10 pepper cons and seeds of seven to eight lemons and crush them together.
• Use this powder directly or you can also add little water to make it smooth paste and then apply it on your bald areas twice a day.
• Repeat for a few weeks and this remedy will help in improving blood circulation and stimulate hair growth.
Saffron And Licorice Powder
Licorice powder and saffron will help in getting rid of bald patches on your head.
• Add 2 tablespoons of licorice powder and a pinch of saffron in four tablespoons of cold milk and mix them well.
• Apply this mixture on bald patches and leave it overnight.
• Rinse next day morning and repeat this process three to four times a week to see effective results.
• Boil a few guava leaves in a litre of water and keep on boiling till the color of the water turns dark.
• Massage your scalp with this water for two to three times a week to see effective air growth.
Rosemary And Sage
• Mix rosemary and sage in coconut oil or even coconut milk and apply it in the affected areas of your head.
• Leave it there for 15 to 20 minutes and wash it off.
• Repeat this process four times a day for a few weeks to get rid of bald patches.
• Apply beaten egg on your scalp at least two to three times a week to help in promoting hair growth.
• It works even better when mixed with olive oil.
Are you worried seeing bald patches on your head? Do you find too much of hair loss on your head? If so, then you need to check out the above mentioned home remedies to put an end to hair loss.
Use the entire egg to condition your hair. If you have dry or brittle hair, use egg whites to moisturize your hair. Use ½ cup of any egg mixture (egg white, entire egg) and apply to clean, damp hair. Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse with cool water.
Cleanliness is important
The most important reason for hair fall is dandruff and itchy scalp. Therefore, maintain good cleanliness for beautiful and healthy hair.
Avoid hot water
Skip hot water showers, because hot water will make your hair dry and brittle as it strips protective oils from your hair - Thus, prefer a temperature which is just a bit warmer than your body temperature.
Bottle gourd treatment
Extract some bottle gourd juice and apply it into your hair. Keep this solution for half an hour and wash it off thoroughly.
For that shiny soft hair
Prepare a mixture of 1 cup of your daily conditioner and 2-3 tablespoons of honey. Apply this mixture evenly on your wet hair. Leave it for 30 minutes and wash it off thoroughly. This mixture will close down your hair's cuticle and give your hair that amazing shine.
Baking soda therapy
Make a mixture of 3 tbsp. of baking soda and some water. Rinse your hair with this solution after shampooing. Let it set in for at least 5 minutes before the final rinse. This therapy will help to remove the excess shampoo and styling product from your hair.
Old Olive Oil, Still Effective
Olive oil is a great remedy for all types of hair loss prevention, including baldness. You may use olive oil for baldness cure in one of many ways mentioned here.
Make olive oil hair pack
You will need:
• Olive oil – As per your hair, less for short hair, more for long hair
• Honey – 1 to 2 tsp
• Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
• Warm the olive oil .
• Add honey and cinnamon powder and mix well.
• Apply it on your scalp and hair.
• Leave for about 15-20 minutes.
• Wash with mild shampoo.
• Do it twice or thrice a week.
Use Olive oil with cumin seeds
You will need:
• Olive oil- Half a cup
• Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
• Take the olive oil.
• Add cumin seeds in it.
• Leave for 10-15 minutes.
• Rub this oil on your bald patches gently for 5-10 minutes.
You can even store olive oil mixed with cumin in a bottle and use it daily for faster results.
Overnight olive oil treatment
If you are thinking that your bald patches will vanish in a night, you are wrong. You have to leave the oil in your hair overnight. That’s it. Massage your scalp every night with olive oil before going to bed and wash off next morning. Don’t forget to place a towel on your pillow though to save it from getting oily!
Fantastic Fenugreek, Fabulous Hair Growth
Fenugreek has long been used for baldness treatnment. There are two ways to use this spice for your hair loss problem.
• Take 1-2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds
• Grind them to make a paste.
• Apply this paste on your bald patches.
• Leave it there for about an hour.
• Wash off with water.
• Repeat twice or thrice a week.
Fenugreek in Coconut Oil
You will need:
• Fenugreek seeds – 1 teaspoon
• Coconut oil- enough for your hair
• Heat the coconut oil.
• Add fenugreek seeds in it and fry it for a couple of minutes.
• Let it cool if it’s summer otherwise strain the oil when it is still warm. In winters, coconut oil tends to get in solid form.
• Rub this oil gently on your scalp and hair.
• Massage gently in circular motions to help the oil reach the hair roots.
• Leave for half an hour.
• Wash off with mild shampoo.
It’s better to massage your hair with this oil twice or thrice a week before you take shower.
Healthy Hair with Henna
Henna is a fabulous herb that has been used since ages for conditioning hair. Mixed with mustard oil, henna can also cure your baldness.
You will need:
• Henna leaves- 100 gm
• Mustard oil- 250 gm
• Boil the mustard oil.
• Add henna leaves and let it boil for some more time.
• Cool it down.
• Strain and store in an airtight bottle.
• Massage your scalp and hair with this oil everyday.
Ordinary Onion, Big Magic
Onion has been recognized as a remedy for greying hair but it is also beneficial for growing hair. Many researches have found that onion juice not only cleanse the scalp and hair follicles but also promote thicker hair follicles due to its capabilty of producing catalase (a natural antioxidant compound). Here are the ways to get maximum benefits of onion for curing your baldness.
Make onion juice
• Peel off the onion’s outer part.
• Separate its inner red part from which you will extract the juice.
• You may use a mixer to extract the juice or may grate it or even use hands to squeeze out the juice.
• Filter the resultant liquid to remove all the solids. You may use cloth or a seive for the purpose.
• Apply the pure onion juice to your scalp only.
• Massage the scalp gently for about 10 minutes.
• Wash off with water.
• Your head may stink a little due to raw onion’s not-so-good smell.
• You may use a mild shampoo to wash off your hair.
Honey and Onion
Onion when mixed with honey too helps you get rid of baldness. Just mix enough honey with onion juice and rub your bald patches with the mix. If you don’t want to extract the juice of onion, you may also rub the bald patches with onions cut into half. After rubbing with onion, rub the bald potches with honey. Wash with water thereafter.
Look for Lemon Seeds and Peppercorns
Increasing blood circulation on scalp can also help you grow hair on your bald patches. Seeds of lemon and peppercorns do this work effectively.
You will need:
• Seeds of 7 lemons
• 10 black peppercorns
• Take the seeds of lemon and peppercorns, crush them
• Apply them on your bald patches.
• Leave for about 10-15 minutes.
• If they feel very dry, use little lemon juice, just enough to bind them.
• You may feel little itchiness and irritation but do not discontinue.
• For better and faster results, apply this twice a day for few weeks.
Heavenly Remedy with Hibiscus
Hibiscus too has been used as traditional medicine for hair loss in many regions of the world. You can either have a tea made of dried hibiscus petals or make a concoction to apply to your scalp.
Make Hibiscus Concoction
You will need:
• Coconut oil
• Curry leaves
• hibiscus flowers
• Gooseberry (amla)
• Boil coconut oil, curry leaves, hibiscus flowers and amla.
• Let it cool down.
• Strain the oil.
• Massage your scalp and hair with this oil
• Leave for 30 minutes.
• Wash off.
• Do it daily for better results.
You may also boil hibiscus in some water and mix lime juice in it to apply to your bald patches after straing the liquid. After leaving it there for some time, wash off with water.
Best oils to prevent hair loss
These can be categorized into two, in fact, three groups- Herbal Oils, Essential Oils and Carrier Oils (also called base oils). Carrier oils are used to dilute essential oils before they can be applied to the skin for massage. That way, while you need to use carrier oils with essential oils, you can use natural herbal oils directly on your scalp for massage. Here’s the list of herbal oils that you can use for head massage in order to prevent hair loss.
Coconut Oil Massage
Coconut Oil is perhaps the best oil for preventing hair loss. This oil is used extensively in India and no one can doubt the quality of hair that Indian women possess. Coconut oil acts as sealant by preventing hair from losing its moisture. Apart from the fine nutrition that it provides to your hair, the lauric acid in coconut oil has antibacterial properties that keep away your scalp from infections.
Olive Oil Massage
Olive Oil is rich in antioxidants and thus provide great nourishment to your hair. It also penetrates hair shafts better and prevent them from narrowing down by controlling the hormone called DTH. The extra virgin olive oil is best one when it comes to hair loss as it is rich in vitamin E and mono unsaturated fatty acids that not only prevents hair loss but also promotes hair growth.
Almond Oil Massage
Almond Oil is perhaps the most nutritious oil with its rich contents that include Vitamins E, D, iron, magnesium, calcium, and fats. In fact, almond oil can also be used carrier oil when applying essential oils to the scalp. It gets absorbed slowly and deeply into the hair which makes it a perfect base for essential oils. This way you can get benefits of both- herbal as well as essential oil!
Now, it’s the turn to know the essential oils that are best for preventing hair loss.
lavender, cedarwood, thyme and rosemary
Lavender Oil Massage
Lavender Oil with its wonderful fragrance is beneficial for preventing hair loss due to its antioxidant nutrients as well as antifungul and antiseptic properties. This oil derived from lavender flowers treats dandruff as well as itching, controls hair breakage all to prevent hair loss. It deeply conditions the hair and also controls dandruff. Lavender oil is widely used to treat alopecia areata too. Alopecia areata is a condition when excessive hair is lost and that too in patches. In such extreme cases daily massage with lavender oil is required. Jojoba and grapeseed oils can be used as base or carrier oil for any essential oil including lavender.
Oil Massage to prevent hair loss
Rosemary Oil Massage
Rosemary Oil, obtained from rosemary leaves, is yet another essential oil used to prevent hair loss even for acute alopecia areta condition. This oil stimulates the hair roots and increases blood circulation in the scalp leading to hair growth too. Jojoba oil, grapeseed oil as well almond oil prove to be great carrier oils for rosemary oil. So mix it with one of any carrier oils and massage your scalp daily or weekly as per your hair loss status!
Geranium Oil Massage
Geranium Oil, extracted from plant’s leaves and stalks is good for both dry and oily hair. It basically works on the sebaceous glands on your scalp and helps in regulating the secretion of sebum. This in turn strengthens hair while making them smooth and silky. Carrier oils are same as for other essential oils- jojoba, grapeseed, almond or coconut oil.
Super-Tip for Hair Loss…
This is something you’ll love to massage your hair with. This is a lotion prepared with a variety of essential oils. First, I’ll tell you how to make this lotion for hair loss prevention and then how to use it. You’ll need the following ingredients in the exact measure as written below:
- Rosewater- 50 ml
- Distilled water- 50 ml
- Apple cider vinegar- 15 ml
- Rosemary Oil- 5 drops
- Jojoba Oil- 6 drops
- Carrot Oil- 3 drops
- Geranium Oil- 3 drops
Now how to use this lotion to massage your hair to reduce hair fall!
Mix all the above oils and water and give a good shake.
After washing hair, dry your hair partially.
Now take some lotion, about 2 teaspoons, that you have prepared after mixing all the above oils and rose plus distilled water.
Rub this lotion gently on your scalp.
Store the rest of the lotion in refrigerator.
When you take out the lotion again next day, you will see the ingredients in it separated.
Shake the bottle again.
Now apply as you did the previous day.
Massage your scalp daily with this lotion and see how you prevent your hair loss in only few days.
Eat Right to Prevent Hair Loss
Without strong foundation any building can fall. Same is true with hair. If you don’t provide right nutrition to your hair, they’ll eventually fall. So, start eating and rightly so for your hair too. Haere’s what all you should include in your diet to prevent hair loss.
Why have fatty acids?
They can easily reach your hair scalp and cell membranes deep into your scalp. This provides nourishment to follicles which not only prevent hair loss but promote its growth. Secondly, they also make your hair more elastic so that they do not break easily. They also cure dry itchy skin, thus preventing dandruff.
What to have?
Zinc Rich Foods
Why have foods rich in zinc?
Deficiency of zinc is one of the major causes of hair loss. Zinc builds proteins (so essential for hair growth), creates DNA and boosts tissue growth and repair. It also regulates hormones which includes testosterone, high levels of which can lead to hair loss.
What to have?
- Seafoods like oysters and crabs
- Lean Beef
- Wheat Germ
- Pumpkin, squash and sunflower seeds
- Pork and chicken
Protein Rich Foods
Why have protein?
Because our hair is primarily made up of protein. So, if you don’t eat protein rich food, you don’t have hair. Protein deficiency can also lead to graying of hair.
What to have?
- Mllk, cheese, yogurt
- Seafood such as salmon
- White meat- poultry
- Lean Beef
Iron Rich Foods
Why have iron rich foods?
Iron is the carrier of oxygen within your body. It’s deficiency can mean less oxygen reaching your head and less oxygen means poor blood circulation which in turn will definitely lead to hair problems including hair loss.
What to have?
- Egg yolks
- Red meat
- Dark leafy green vegetables
- Dry fruits like prunes and raisins
- Mollusks such as oysters, clams, scallops
- Beans, lentils, soybeans, chickpeas
Vitamins A and C
Why have vitamins?
These vitamins help in producing sebum, the oily substance that is secreted by our hair follicles to prevent hair from breaking off. Vitamin C also improves iron absorption. However, don’t go overboard. Excess vitamin A can even lead to hair loss. So have this vitamin in moderation.
What to eat for vitamin A?
- Sweet potatoes
- Spinach and Collard greens
- Swiss chard
- Winter squash
- Mustard greens
- What to eat for vitamin C?
- Bell peppers
- Brussel sprouts
- Oranges and Kiwi fruits
Use Herbs to Prevent hair Loss
If your hair loss is acute and you think you take perfect diet then also are unable to prevent hair loss, some herbs may help you to overcome your problem. Some Indian as well as Native American herbs can prove to be good remedies for hair loss.
Bhringaraj (Eclipta Alba)
This herb, Bhringaraj, is one of the main components of ancient Ayurvedic hair oils and hair tonics meant for preventing hair loss. It is the established Ayurvedic medicine to cure baldness and premature graying of hair too.
How to use Bhringaraj to prevent hair fall?
Get some Bhringaraj leaves and prepare a special hair oil through the below mentioned method.
Bhringaraj plant/ leaves- 50gm
Coconut oil – 200 ml (you can also use sesame oil or any other oil as a base oil, but coconut poil is best for the purpose)
Fenugreek seeds – 2 teaspoons
Follow the below steps to make bhringaraj oil at home
Crush the leaves of Bhringaraj plant or grind it. Howver, do ot make it a paste. They should be partially grounded.
Boil coconut oil in a pan.
Add the crushed Bhringaraj leaves and fenugreek seeds to the boiling coconut oil.
Let the mixture boil for about 10 minutes until when you see big bubbles formed in the oil.
Put off the flame and let the oil stand overnight in the covered pan.
In the morning, strain the oil into a glass jar or bottle.
Use the oil for massaging your head scalp- daily.
If you can’t find Bhringaraj plants,you may even buy readymade bhringaraj oil sold in the market and even available online these days.
Gooseberry or Amla (Phyllanthus Emblica)
Amla, yet again an Indian herb is a rich source of vitamin C and iron. This herb is used since ancient times to prevent hair loss. You can also take advantage of this readily available herb.
How to use Amla reduce hair fall?
- Amla pieces
- Coconut oil
If your amla pieces are dried, you can use them directly otherwise dry them up in shade.
Add the dried amla pieces and let it boil for the time until it gets dark in colour
Put off the flame and let the oil get cool.
Take out the pieces of amla and use the oil for massaging your hair scalp.
Another way of using this herb is to soak the amla pieces in water overnight. It’s better if you soak it in an iron vessel. Next day when you shampoo after oil massage, use this water to rinse your hair.
Ghritkumari (Aloe Vera)
Not only Ayurveda but even the ancient Egyptian medicine used aloe vera to prevent hair loss. Aloevera contains enzymes that can eradicate dead cells on our scalp so that they do not clog the hair follicles. Clogging of hair follicles prevent nutrients from entering the hair roots. Aloe vera’s alkalizing properties also help in maintaining hair’s level at optimum level promoting hair growth.
How to use aloe vera to prevent hair loss?
Prepare an aloe vera hair mask. You’ll need:
- Aloe vera gel extracted from aloe vera plant – Half cup
- Castor oil- 2 tsp
- Fenugreek powder- 2 tsp
- Basil powder- 2 tsp
- Mix all the above ingredients to get a thick mask.
- Apply this gel mask to your scalp.
- Cover yopur hair too with this mask.
- Leave the mask on hair for about eight hours. If you can do it at night, its better. Just wear a shower cap before going to bed.
- Wash off this mask using a mild shampoo
- Do this once a week for a few months to get a good volume of hair.
- For bouncy hair
- Apply a one to one mixture of warm water and apple cider vinegar to your hair. Rinse it thoroughly after 5 minutes to get rid of the apple cider smell.
- Don't wash your hair frequently
- Wash your hair every 2-3 days, for proper regulation of natural hair oils. Washing your hair less often will also help regain your hair's natural body and luster.
- Make your conditioner
- For a protein packed conditioner, mix eggs and yogurt and rub it into your scalp. Leave on for five or 10 minutes, and then wash it off completely.
- For strong hair
- Use almond oil to treat dry and damaged hair. It is a very simple procedure, pour some almond oil in a bowl and heat it for 40 seconds. Then evenly distribute on your hair. Leave it for 30 minutes and then rinse normally with shampoo and conditioner using cold water.
- Say bye-bye to dull hair with lemon juice
- After the final rinse, apply 1 tsbp lemon juice to your hair. Simply towel dry your hair and style as normal to get rid of dry hair.
- Use protection before you jump into the pool
- Pools can do great damage to your hair as it contains harsh chemicals - says Dr Suttar. He says; prevent your hair from the pool damage by simply applying a little conditioner to your hair before you swim. This will protect your hair before it comes in contact with the pool water.
Treat sun damaged hair
Make a mixture of ½ cup honey, 1-2 tbsp olive oil and 1-2 tbsp of egg yolk. Apply this mixture on your hair for 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water. This treatment will help to replenish keratin protein bonds -
To prevent breakage due to brittle hair avoid using bands and do not tie your hair too tightly.
The proper brushing technique
Avoid using a comb with plastic bristles to prevent hair breakage from static electricity. The best way to brush your hair is by first brushing the ends to remove tangles and then take the long stokes from the roots of the hair to the ends. This technique will help proper spreading of natural hair oil and thus prevent breakage.
Moisturize your hair
Pour a little beer in your wet hair. Distribute evenly and massage your scalp with your fingers for 20 minutes. Then rinse it thoroughly to get rid of the beer smell. Do this procedure once a week for salon smooth hair. Dr. Suttar says- it is recommended that people with sinus and cold should avoid using this treatment.
Trim your hair regularly
Get your hair trimmed at least every six weeks to eliminate dry, split ends.
Do not brush wet hair
Wet hair is three times weaker and thus more likely to break - says Dr. Suttar. He recommends, towel dry your hair first and then gently detangle your hair using a wide tooth comb.
Let your hair air-dry
Allow your hair to dry by itself instead of using a blow-dryer or hot rollers. Using this artificial mode of drying technique will make your hair more brittle and dry. If you have no time to let your hair air dry, then use blow-dryer sparingly and make sure you use a warm setting instead of a hot setting.
Drink lots of water and eat a healthy diet of raw fruits and vegetables. The most effective home treatment for hair care is a healthy diet. You are what you eat, and what you put into your body will be reflected on the outside.
Cool Camphor Oil
If you have lost hair due to stress and anxiety, this remedy with camphor oil can bring hair back to your bald patches. Camphor has great antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. It is a natural relaxant that relieves you of stress and nervous tension and help you calm down. Camphor oil stimulates additional blood flow to your scalp when you massage with it helping it reah your hair follicles. It not only makes your hair healthy and shiny but also assist in re-growth of hair. Just add quite a few drops of camphor oil to your regular hair oil (coconut oil is good for hair) or hair care lotion and use this for massaging your hair daily to see new hair on your scalp in few weeks.
Special Herbal Remedies for Baldness
There is this alternative therapy useful to get rid of baldness. It is called Phytotherapy which uses certain plants to treat hair loss and baldness. Three types of plants are used for phytotherapy.
• Plants which inhibit enzymes transforming testosterone into dihydro testosterone responsible for hair loss.
• Plants that avoid stress and anxiety, yet another cause of hair loss.
• Plants providing essential minerals and vitamins for healthy growth of hair.
These types of plants are used for making capsules and extracts etc. Some of them are suggested to be had as salads or other food items. Let’s have a look at these plants and herbs for curing your baldness.
• If you see large amount of hair on your pillow when you wake up in the morning you will be suffering from hair fall
• If you find more than normal hair left in the comb when you comb your hair, then you will be having hair loss problem.
• When hair loss occurs, men’s hair recedes from the forehead or from the crown of the head.
• Women will experience thinning of hair and the parting becomes wider and sees more of their scalp.
Sudden hair loss indicates underlying medical condition and requires identifying the problem causing the hair loss.
The important causes of hair fall or hair loss includes
• Hereditary conditions
• Medical conditions such as anemia and autoimmune diseases and thyroid disorders
• Scalp infections
• Skin conditions like psoriasis, dermatitis
• Certain hairstyles which causes traction on the hair.
• Hair-pulling disorder
Hair loss can appear in different ways depending on the cause. Some types of hair losses are temporary and some are permanent. It is possible to prevent the temporary loss of hair using various home remedies available.
Effective Home Remedies To Fight Hair Loss
Coconut milk has rich properties of nourishing hair tissues. It will help in effectively reducing hair loss.
• Scraps fresh coconut and grind the coconut scrapings in a blender.
• Squeeze the paste to extract coconut milk.
• Now apply this coconut milk extract generously on your hair and scalp and leave it on the hair for 15 to 20 minutes.
• Massage your scalp with the coconut milk.
• This will effectively help in preventing hair fall.
• Apply coconut milk on the scalp once every week to prevent hair fall.
Neem Leaves Juice
One of the most sought after herbs in India is the neem leaves as it has loads of medicinal properties. It is also an effective herb to treat hair loss in men and women.
• Boil fresh neem leaves in water until the water reduces to half its quantity.
• Cool this water and then wash your hair and scalp with this water mixture.
• Repeat this process once or twice a week regularly to prevent hair loss.
Honey And Olive Oil
• Add two tablespoons of honey and two tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl.
• Mix it well and to this mixture add a tablespoon of fresh cinnamon powder and make it a smooth paste.
• Apply this mixture on the scalp and your hair and leave it there for 20 to 25 minutes.
• This will help in soothing your hair and is effective in growing new hair.
• Apply this mixture on your scalp regularly every week to see visible results.
Aloe Vera Juice And Neem Paste
• Extract fresh juice from the aloe vera plant and add dried neem leaf powder to this juice.
• Mix it well and add a few drops of herbal amla oil to this mixture.
• Now apply this mixture on your scalp and hair evenly so that it reaches every nook and corner.
• Keep it on the scalp for half an hour and then wash it off.
• Repeat this once or twice a week to enjoy lustrous hair.
Egg White And Curd Paste
• Take egg white of two eggs in a bowl and add two tablespoons of fresh curd or yoghurt to the egg white.
• Mix this well and then add a tablespoon of shikakai or neem powder that you get in the market to this mixture.
• Apply it generously on your scalp and leave it for 30 minutes.
• Wash it off and repeat every week to prevent hair fall.
• Heat coconut oil with dried amla until the color of the oil turns black.
• Cool this oil mixture and then apply it on your scalp.
• Massage your scalp with this hair oil mixture properly for 10 minutes.
• Leave it on the scalp for 30 minutes and then wash it off.
• Repeat once a week for effective results.
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera juice is said to be very effective in preventing hair loss and is also a good goal to nourish your hair and scalp.
• You can apply pure aloe vera directly on your scalp.
• Just cut the aloe vera leaf in half and apply the juicy portion of the leaf on your scalp.
• This will prevent hair loss due to scalp dryness or irritation.
• Apply the aloe vera juice on your scalp and massage your scalp properly.
• Wait for a few hours and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
• Do this twice a week or effective results.
• Applying coconut oil on your head everyday will help in preventing hair loss.
• Regular massage of your head with lukewarm hair oil every day for a few minutes before your bath will help in nourishing your scalp and improve blood flow.
• This will prevent hair loss.
• You can also use jojoba oil, neem oil, mustard oil and almond oil.
You can prepare a concoction in your home and apply it on your hair to prevent hair loss.
• Mix about 30 to 45 ml of vodka or alcohol with a teaspoon of pepper and pour this mixture in warm water.
• Wash your hair and scalp with this mixture once a week to reduce hair fall.
Onion And Honey Application
• Cut onion in half and apply the juicy part of the cut onion on your scalp evenly so that every area is covered.
• Now follow this by generously applying honey all over the scalp and massaging it into the scalp.
• Leave it there for a few minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
• Repeat this process once in ten days to prevent hair fall.
Lime seeds and black pepper combination are found to be effective in covering small bare patches on your scalp.
• Powder the dried lime seeds and add this to fresh grounded pepper powder.
• Mix these powders with small amount of water to make it a smooth paste.
• Apply in the areas of your scalp where you feel hair loss is prominent and massage it to rejuvenate your scalp.
• Repeat this process once a week to see hair growth in the affected area.
Avoid Junk Foods
All unhealthy eating habits and unhealthy lifestyle are also reasons for hair loss.
• Try to avoid junk foods and oily foods as far as possible.
• Increase the intake of water in order to remove toxins.
• Include moderate exercise to your routine to improve blood flow to your head and scalp to prevent hair loss.
• Make a paste of shana seeds in coconut or castor oil that is lukewarm.
• Now, apply this mixture on your scalp and massage it gently on to your scalp.
• Leave it to rest for half an hour and then rinse it off using a mild shampoo.
• Repeat for two days a week to see good results.
Eating A Balanced Diet
It is highly important to eat a balanced and nutritious diet to prevent hair fall.
• Make sure that you increase the amount of iron, vitamins and minerals intake in your daily diet to help prevent hair fall.
• Lots of greens and vegetables need to be included in your healthy diet to reduce hair loss.
• Washing and brushing your hair properly will also help in preventing hair fall.
• Make sure that you get rid of split ends soon.
• Mixing your regular shampoo with a few drops of tobacco sauce is found to be effective to prevent hair fall.
• Wash off your hair with a mixture of tea decoction and lemon juice mixture to maintain the health of the hair and to prevent hair fall.
Reduce Blow Drying Your Hair
• Blow drying hair will damage hair follicles and dry out the scalp.
• Do not overuse hair dryer as this will result in hair fall.
- Are you tired of seeing your hair fall regularly? Do you feel that you are suffering from moderate hair loss? If this is the case, then you will need to try out a few of the above mentioned home remedies to easily prevent hair fall.
- Home remedies for treating hair loss and baldness
- Regular application of castor oil combats hair fall and baldness. It is very good home remedy to treat baldness/hair loss naturally.
- Apply a fine paste made from pigeon pea or red gram; it is an effective home remedy in curing hair loss baldness naturally at home .
- Massaging the scalp with aloe vera gel or coconut oil prevents hair loss and helps in growth of new hair naturally .Try this home remedy to treat baldness/hair loss at home.
- Seeds of lime and black pepper ground to fine paste when applied on a daily basis on the scalp helps in curing baldness/ hair loss naturally at home. Try this home remedy
- Take fenugreek; grind it to make a fine paste, and apply it on the bald patches, and let the hair absorb the paste of fenugreek for one hour .This baldness/hair fall treatment helps in treating hair fall/baldness.
- Home remedy of beetroot leaves when mixed with henna can do wonder in curing baldness/ hair loss naturally at home.
- Make a hair pack at home mixing hot olive oil, honey, and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder, and apply it on the scalp before bath for 15 minutes. It is very effective home remedy in treating hair loss and baldness at home.
- Take elephant tusk; heat it on a pan, and burn it to ashes, then apply the dust of elephant tusk mixed with pure honey or ghee on the bald patches at night, and leave it on overnight. In the morning, wash it off completely. This remedy is age old home remedy of curing baldness. Do try this at home for sure and quick results.
- Honey mixed with onion massaged on the bald patches helps in hair growth. This home remedy is hassle free and very useful in treating baldness /hair fall at home naturally.
- Take equal amount of camphor and curd , and apply it on the bald patches , and let it dry for 2-3 hours .It is very effective baldness/hair loss treatment at home for fighting baldness and hair loss..
- Take fresh coriander leaves, and make a paste of it. Apply it on the scalp; it is very easy and effective home remedy to treat baldness/hair loss naturally at home.
- Grind liquorice with milk and a pinch of saffron. This baldness/hair fall treatment promotes hair growth.
- Juice of spinach and lettuce when taken orally promotes hair growth.
- Scrub a half of lemon on the bald patches continuously for 1-2 months; this home remedy helps in fighting baldness and hair fall naturally at home.
- Coconut oil mixed with lime juice is effective in curing hair loss/baldness.
- Application of coconut milk is very helpful home remedy in treating baldness/ hair loss at home.
- Juice of Indian gooseberry mixed with lime juice in equal amount fosters hair growth. Try this home remedy to cure baldness/hair loss naturally at home.
- The oil prepared at home by boiling Indian gooseberry in coconut oil is very easy and effective home remedy for treating hair fall and baldness at home.
- Boil 250 grams of mustard oil with 100 grams of henna leaves to make a concoction to combat hair loss. Ever tried this home remedy to cure baldness/hair loss at home? Try it.
- Use amla oil (Indian gooseberry) with lime juice to make a shampoo to treat baldness/hair loss naturally at home.
- Mix few drops of kanta-karika juice with honey .Apply it on the scalp to cure baldness/hair loss .This baldness/hair loss treatment must be followed regularly.
- You can use mixture of both castor oil and almond oil to treat hair loss .Regular use of this home remedy will result in hair growth.
- You can apply red henna to cure hair loss and have a beautiful hair.Try this home remedy to fight baldness/hair loss at home naturally.
- Make a concoction of 2 eggs, 2 tea spoons of amla(Indian gooseberry),shikakai(acacia concinna),soap nut(reetha).Massage for 30 minutes on your scalp with this mixture, and wash off with a mild shampoo .You can use this home remedy 3-4 times a week to treat baldness/hair loss.
- You can use egg yolk with honey as a home remedy to cure hair fall/baldness, and get silky hair.
Amla mixed with honey also arrests hair loss.
Coconut oil in which a mango has been preserved for one year treats baldness/hair loss. This home remedy stimulates hair follicles to regrow hair.
- Boil hibiscus in a glass of water,and strain this mixture to apply with lime juice on your bald patches to cure them naturaly at home.You can use this treatment after shampooing your hair.
- You can rinse your hair with the water in which geranium leaves had been boiled to cure hair fall and baldness naturally at home.
- Use aloe vera with herbal powder triphala for 3- 6 months on a regular basis to treat baldness/hair loss. Use this baldness/hair loss treatment to fight baldness and hair loss at home naturally
- Take 4 parts bhringraj, 3 parts jatamansi, 5 parts dashamoola , and mix all with goat milk. This home remedy when taken orally cures hair loss and promotes hair growth.
- You can use juice of amaranth to treat baldness/hair loss naturally at home .Many people have benefited from this home remedy.
- Ash gourd helps in treating baldness problem .Use this baldness/hair fall treatment to deal with falling hair naturally.
- Curry leaves as a home remedy to treat baldness/hair loss naturally is excellent.
- Rinse your hair with water in which rosemary leaves had been boiled to get rid of baldness and hair loss. Try this easy baldness and hair fall treatment at home for sure.
- Take 1/2 cup of olive oil with 1 tea spoon of cumin seeds to rub on your bald patches to treat baldness and hair fall. Try this home remedy.
- Juice of alfalfa with spinach or coriander taken orally promotes hair growth and treats baldness naturally. You must try this home remedy for beautiful hair.
- Rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar and sage tea to cure baldness and hair fall naturally at home.
- You can drink the mixture of banana , honey, yogurt, skimmed milk to take as a home remedy to fight hair fall and baldness naturally at home.
- Arnica oil is very helpful for combating hair fall.Arnica oil is extracted from the dried arnica leaves and has full of anti-inflammatory properties.This treatment is very helpful in curing premature graying of hair also.
- shiny hair.
Natural Home Remedies for Hair Growth
Egg mask for hair
Healing properties in the egg whites work well to replenish and restore the softness of the hair. With high levels of proteins, zinc, sulphur, iron, phosphorus and iodine, it is the most amazing mask you can apply to your hair. Crack open two eggs, eliminate the yolk and apply the egg white mask to your hair. Leave it on for 15 minutes. It will look shinier and healthier instantly. If used regularly it will help in growing your hair fast.
Egg, Honey and Olive Oil Mix
Add one teaspoon of honey and olive oil to an egg white in a bowl. Mix it together and form a smooth paste. Apply this paste over your hair and leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with cool water and apply shampoo. Rinse it off thoroughly and see the difference.
- egg honey and olive oil mix
- Curry Leaves and Coconut Oil
Curry leaves are said to be really effective for hair growth. Usually Indians use this spice to add taste to the curries. You might have heard your grandmothers say that curry leaves are good for hair. Curry leaves work well, not just by applying its paste to the hair, but also by eating it. Whenever you cook something with curry leaves in it, eat up the leaves!
Take half cup of coconut oil (depending on the length of your hair). Add 7 to 8 fresh curry leaves to it and boil it together. Don’t burn the leaves, just bring them to a boil. You will find black residue forming; apply this residue to your hair. Use this twice a week to see the difference. This mixture will help in hair growth and also fight gray hair.
Don’t Miss: Major Causes of Hair Fall
Aloe Vera is simply perfect to fight anything related to body and hair, naturally. It is used to cleanse pores and balance your pH levels. However, people do not know that aloe vera is good to prevent hair loss. Take two tablespoons of your shampoo in a bowl. Add one table spoon of aloe vera gel, coconut milk and ½ teaspoon of wheat germ. Mix it together and shampoo your hair with it.
There are many magical properties of amla, it is filled with antioxidants and vitamin C. Amla is good for healthy hair growth and is also known for improving the pigmentation of the hair. Mix 2 teaspoons of amla juice with 2 teaspoons of lime juice. Apply this mixture on the scalp and leave it to dry. Rinse off with warm water.
Garlic is majorly known for controlling hair fall. It boosts the circulation in the scalp and regenerates hair growth. Boil 7 to 8 cloves of crushed garlic with olive oil and apply it to the roots of the hair -follicles. Repeat this thrice a week to notice the difference.
- garlic cloves
- Vitamin E Oil:
Filled with anti oxidants, vitamin E oil fights the free radicals. It helps to increase oxygen in the body and increases the blood circulation in the scalp. Massage your scalp with vitamin E oil and leave it overnight. Wash it off with a mild shampoo the following day to gain silky smooth hair.
Rosemary oil is one of the best oils to reduce hair loss usually found in the Middle Eastern countries. Prepared from rosemary herb, this oil increases cell division and accelerates the blood circulation. It has proved to be effective for hair growth and is used as a hair tonic. Take two tablespoons of shampoo and mix two tablespoons of rosemary oil into it. Shampoo your hair with this mixture. You can also massage your scalp with equal amounts of olive oil and rosemary oil.
- Rosemary oil
Potatoes are great for encouraging hair growth. Take 1 ½ cups of potato juice in a bowl. Add a teaspoon of honey, little bit of water and 1 egg yolk and mix it together. Apply this mixture on damp hair and leave it on for 30 minutes. Doing this once a week is more than enough. After a few months you will notice the change in your hair.
potatoesIf you have tried everything possible, but failed to keep your hair long, healthy and shiny, you need to try these natural home remedies for hair growth. Natural treatments are the best for hair growth. Chemicals may damage your scalp and skin terribly. They may also cause different allergies. So avoid the extra effort and cut down on the expenses by choosing these great, effective remedies.
Also maintain a balanced diet to gain all the other benefits. Treat yourself with all the nutrients, minerals and vitamins to enhance your health as well as your hair. Try not to expose your hair too much to the sun. Do not keep it under stress by using straighteners, curling rods, hair dryers and other hair tools that will damage the hair. Choose the best and get the best.