Constipation is the term used to describe irregular bowel actions, hard motions or difficulty in passing faeces. It is twice as common in women as it is in men and increases with age. A recent study revealed that 10% of adults believed they had suffered from constipation during the previous fortnight. Those results may have stemmed from the widespread belief that the bowels should be open daily and that failure to do so will cause any umber of complaints ranging from headaches to depression. In fact, one medical study has shown that the average person may pass faeces as little as twice a week or as often as three times every day.
Children are often taken to a GP by a parent who id worried that their child’s bowel frequency is not normal. This is common in parents who use laxatives, probably because their idea of the norm is unrealistic. Constipation in infancy is usually due to the child not having been given sufficient fluids or having been given cow’s milk formula feeds. Very rarely, constipation in early infancy can be due to Hirschsprung’s disease. In this case, a segment of the bowel lacks the nerves that provide an individual’s bowel with the strength to pass faeces on and out of the body. Occasionally surgery may be the only hope of curing this condition.
If your child is usually fairly easy. First, offer them extra fluids, preferably as fruit juice. This is especially important in hot weather. If this fails then the extra sugar in one or two of their feeds may do the trick. If your child is still struggling to pass a hard motion you should then consult your GP, who may pass a well vaselined finger into e rectum. This often has spectacular results!
The commonest cause of constipation in young adults is dietary, often at a time when they are dieting to excess and not receiving enough fibre. Irritable bowel syndrome may cause constipation but this usually alternates the diarrhea is accompanied by abdominal pain and bloating. Treatment consists of a high fibre diet an anti-spasmodics such as peppermint oil. Irritable bowel syndrome is much more common in women and seems be stress related.
If you are elderly and have been constipated or two weeks more, especially if it is associated with eight losses or bleeding, you should try these natural treatment to get rid of constipation.
Natural Treatments for Constipation
- Pear juice or eating ½ kg ripe pears can be very much effective and fast working food against constipation.
- Drinking ginger tea with lemon juice found very much beneficial to the problem.
- Eating Figs (anjeer) daily before going to bed is one of the best natural tips to treat any kind of severe constipation.
- Drinking 1 cup Cabbage juice daily 2-3 time during the day definitely cure the problem naturally.
- Drinking one cup of lukewarm milk with 1 tablespoon Almond oil daily before going to sleep will wake you up with an internal alarm.
- Eating yogurt with 2-3 tablespoons of Psyllium husk early in the morning is very much effective and definitely cure severe constipation.
- There's no doubt that as far s treatment is concerned, the natural way is the best by far. Such foods which provide fibre. An apple a day, an orange or a meal consisting of some lightly cooked vegetables will certainly keep the doctor way. Only rarely will laxatives be required to help ease our bowel movements an din such cases your doctor’s advice should sought immediately.